I should probably just move to The6ix, I’m there so often. Toronto now holds a special place in my heart. Besides all of the luxe events and blogging jobs that bring me to Toronto on a monthly basis, I get to hang out with my little sis and bestie who moved there several years ago.
During my last trip to TO in early January, Erika hopped on a plane for sunnier climes. Fed up with the frigid temperatures, she decided to thaw out in California with her girlfriends, so I was stuck without a place to stay.
The timing was absolutely perfect to collaborate with Hotel X Toronto, one of Toronto’s newest hotels…and I was excited as it looked stunning. From all of the luxe and eco-friendly amenities to its beautiful and peaceful location, I knew this stay was going to be not only chic and
Upon check-in, I was shown to my large one bedroom suite on the 22nd floor. Located at Princes’ Boulevard, this beautiful pet-friendly hotel overlooks Lakeshore Boulevard and every single room offers up panoramic views of either the city or Lake Ontario.
The suite was stunning! Featuring a powder room, dining area, living room, 55″ Samsung tv that mirrors your iPhone (so you can watch all of your fave movies and shows saved to your phone), large bedroom and the ensuite bathroom of your dreams.
After settling in, I decided to relax over a glass of champagne with my friend Shantel in the hotel’s Lobby Bar. This, of course, was after checking out the complimentary wine and cheese reception the hotel offers to those staying in their suites.
The Lobby Bar is slick, complete with smooth, ambient tracks and amazing cocktails and the service was also stellar. One glass of champagne turned into several, along with a bunch of appetizers and a celebratory slice of birthday cake for my favourite Capricorn friend.
I decided to call it a night and returned to my suite. The giant soaker tub in the ensuite bathroom was calling my name, so I slipped into a warm bubblebath and then headed off to bed.
The following morning, I got up early in order to take a few shots at the hotel in advance of the Dermalogica launch. I skipped the complimentary Continental breakfast and decided to indulge in some avocado toast at Maxx’s Kitchen, which offers up unobstructed views of Lake Ontario. I tell ya, there is nothing like enjoying a peaceful breakfast while staring at a gorgeous lake.
Off to take some shots I went, exploring the heated rooftop swimming pool affectionately named “The Pond At Falcon Sky Bar”. This pool is gorgeous – a place not only to cool off during the summer
After salivating over The Pond, I hit up the fitness facilities. Hotel X Toronto’s fitness
I then headed up to the Dermalogica Launch where I learned the ins and outs of caring for winter-worn skin. It was great to connect with some of my fellow
After the event, it was time to head home. This hotel delivered, making me feel like a VIP every step of the way, and I left feeling relaxed and inspired. Hotel X Toronto never fails to impress. As I was heading out to the train station, I was offered a ride to Union Station in one of their BMW 700-series sedans – a complimentary shuttle service that this hotel offers its guests! My heart stopped. As my dream car pulled up, I couldn’t stop giggling. This hotel officially made me feel like a princess.
Well, that wraps up this recap of my fun visit to Toronto. A huge thanks to Hotel X Toronto and their friendly and attentive staff, and can’t wait to visit again!
For those of you who have yet to visit Toronto, what are you waiting for? Here is a quick list of my fave things to do in this cosmopolitan city that you should check out too:
- SHOPPING. Visit Bloor Street for heavy-hitting designers like Louis Vuitton and Gucci, not to mention the stunning Holt Renfrew and David’s shoe store. Manolos, anyone? Like an edgier vibe? Queen Street West has boutique after boutique of cool finds. Kensington Market is home to some really great vintage shops too.
- Are you a foodie and a lover of cocktails? Hit up The Chase on Temperance Street. Gorgeous decor, the rooftop is beautiful, food beyond compare and some fine cocktails.
- RAPTORS NATION! Take in an NBA Raptors game and rub elbows with Kawhi Leonard and Kyle Lowry. The energy within Air Canada Centre is contagious and so fun! Basketball tickets a little steep for your budget? Head to Real Sports Bar and enjoy a game on one of their many giant (I mean GIANT) screens.
- Treat yourself to a luxe mani at Her Majesty’s Pleasure. Definitely one of my
favouritenail bars in Canada. While you are getting your tips perfected, try a Negroni at their stellar bar. One of the best I’ve had this side of Italy.
- I love to strap on my skates bust out a few figure-eights at the popular skating rink at Nathan Phillips Square. Warm up afterwards at the nearby Dineen Coffee Company with a heavenly hot chocolate.
*In collaboration with Hotel X Toronto