See this two-piece Sympli outfit? It’s an absolute favourite of mine. There is the obvious: well-made, comfortable and stylish, but I also marvelled at how versatile it was this summer. I really wanted to transition this cute look for fall, so I have some tips for you guys regarding fall transitioning your summer pieces below.
This set is perfect. It looked great at work, transitioned well from the office to happy hour and the separates looked stellar with other pieces. I wore the tulle-trimmed top with distressed jeans to the movies, and rocked the sexy little mini-skirt to my husbands’s surprise birthday party this summer.
Staying Warm In My Sympli
As I started packing some of my summer items away over the weekend, I hesitated when I got to these two pieces. “They are sooo good! I don’t want to stop wearing them yet!” That’s when I got to thinking “how can I transition them to fall?”
Over the weekend, I met my girlfriend Tara for a glass of prosecco to celebrate her birthday. While the weather was beautiful, there was a definite autumn chill in the air. My Sympli Party Peplum Top and Mini Skirt seemed like a great choice for the day, but I didn’t want to freeze on the patio either. I looked around my closet and thought that my tried and true Chanel-inspired long blazer would be perfect.
Now, back to those tips I mentioned earlier. The following tips are what I use to transition my summer pieces to fall. I’m sure you’ll find them helpful, so read on!
How To Transition Your Summer Wardrobe Into Fall:
- Wicker bags in all shapes and sizes were huge this summer. Hello, Cult Gaia! I would tuck them away for fall though and opt for something heavier and weighty, like suede and leather (and vegan leather!) pieces. Crossbodies are still huge, so grab one of those in a fave fall colour too.
- Throw a blazer, moto jacket, denim jacket, etc. over your outfit. Easy as pie!
- Lengthen those sleeves. Instead of a boyfriend tee, choose a crisp button down to pair with your skirt, jeans, etc.
- Throw some tights under your shorts. And ladies, opt for looser shorts with this look. Tight short shorts with tights just looks uncomfortable.
- I have an amazing black jumpsuit that is so beautiful, I plan on wearing it all year round. While it’s black and a bit on the formal side, the fabric is quite light. I have a fancy velvet blazer and a sequinned blazer that I plan on wearing with it to make it more fall appropriate.
- Slip dresses were another all-star this summer. I just bought a gorgeous-rose coloured one (thanks for the tip @AritziaChick), but it’s getting a little chilly out to wear it just comme ça. My stylist friend Alyssa suggested wearing a black turtleneck underneath it and belting the waist. So smart!
- Get edgy with your crop tops. Wear a button down shirt underneath them. These look best with those lovely cotton, ruffled crop tops.
- Keep the sandals! It’s usually warm enough here to keep wearing your sandals throughout September. Fun sandals in metallic colours really elevate black pants, culottes and jeans with a cashmere sweater.
- Wear white after Labor Day!! Think a cozy white sweater, keep those white jeans on the roster and don’t tuck away your white (and blush) accessories.
- Scarves! My favourite. Grab one you like in a lighter colour and fabric and you’re set.
Got any other transitional dressing tips? Drop some in the comments!