In true Ottawa fashion, winter launched directly into summer in the blink of an eye. We went from frigid temperatures in May, to searingly hot in June within the matter of two weeks. Hey – I’m not complaining. I hate the cold! I also couldn’t bear to wear hats, coats and mitts anymore. I was ready to get my summer sexy style game underway!
The sizzling weekends mean patio time with the girls, so I pulled out this hot little skirt from 724 Clothing. We were headed to the beautiful Andaz Hotel rooftop patio and I wanted to bring my A-game. I was feeling saucy, so the night called for a saucy skirt, a cute top and some hot heels.
I immediately pulled out my high-waisted ruched skirt in this lovely sand colour. It hugs every curve beautifully and the ruched detail is gorgeous. I also love the length, just at the knee, which I find sexy and flattering. This skirt is also made beautifully. It’s lined, and the fabric is heavy and holds you in. Despite its heavier weight, the fabric is perfect for summer weather, and will carry you right into winter….but let’s not talk about stupid winter.
Instead, let’s talk a few tips for rocking sexy summer style:
- Just ROCK IT. Wear stuff that makes you feel confident. So, things that fit well and highlight your best features in flattering colours. Clothes that make you feel great make you look great too. What doesn’t make you look great? Fidgeting with ill-fitting pieces all night because you feel self-conscious.
- Flatter your best features! Got great legs? Highlight them with some hot short shorts or a great mini-skirt. Pair these pieces with some wedges during the day or heels at night. The heels will accentuate your calves and make them legs look extra spicy. Remember though, showing too much doesn’t equal sexy. Things that make you feel sexy equal sexy.
- Get your glow on. Moisturize your skin like it’s going out of style. Nothing says “sexy, healthy and touch me” like healthy, beautiful skin. Highlight that skin with some shimmer too. #tradesecret
- Tone down the makeup a little. Let that healthy skin shine through and accentuate it with a little highlighter, coral lips, winged out eyeliner and mascara.
- Smile. A lot. Not crazy smiling, genuine “I look damn hot” smiling.
- Sexy, beachy hair. Nuff said. Or a slicked back ponytail. Or a hot pixie cut. Whatever you choose – again – rock it.
- Arm yourself with a great summer scent. Light and fresh, floral, ambers and musks, whatever you like…give yourself a light spritz. Just a light one.
- Manis and pedis. Seeing cracked heels, chipped nail polish or too long toenails makes me want to burn this mutha down. And come on – don’t cram terrible looking feet into a pair of Jimmy Choos. That’s just wrong.
- Invest in something that makes you feel great. Doesn’t have to be the newest $3000 handbag or crazy expensive shoes. It could be great lingerie, a fantastic red lipstick, barbecuing classes, a day at Le Spa Nordik, you name it. Pamper yourself!
- Forget everything I just said and you do you. If sweats and a tub of ice cream makes you feel sexy, then you do you, boo. They make me feel sexy too.
My “Feel Sexy” Picks
Back to that slinky skirt, it looked awesome with this light-weight black crop top and the fun little block heels. Take a close look at the heels too (on sale now too, btw). The little emoji-like symbols, stars and moons were super cute – I couldn’t resist. They were an impulse buy that I’m so happy with, I’ve been wearing them on repeat.
Summer 2017 will be the year of the “summer body” for me. I’ve been running consistently, hitting the gym and eating clean. The hard work is really paying off too. My little stick legs are more shapely, the abs are starting to peek through the layer of donut fat I put on over the winter and I’ve been caring for my skin like it’s my baby.
Strutting around in this ruched skirt feels great. 724 Clothing – you’ve hit it out of the park. A sexy summer style home run.
*Thank you to 724 Official for this great skirt in exchange for my honest opinion!