I’ve been feeling particularly “schleppy” lately and I blame that squarely on the weather. It’s been so cold for so long, my only priority has been
thawing out staying warm. I’ll tell you though…when a fashionista’s fashion senses are suppressed for too long, they eventually come out swinging. I just needed a little push from Marleylilly to get my style mojo back.
Fed up with heavy winter boots, a winter coat so stuffed and huge that it completely restricts movement, hats, boots…the whole nine yards – I was over it.
You know the type: heavy, too big but you know…gotta hold that laptop, notebook, printouts for that
The Perfect, Effortlessly Chic Bag
The Marleylilly website had so many great bag options, but I decided to get the classic Monogrammed Bucket Bag ($79.99) in black, with my initials of course (DDB = Dominique Deanna Baker). Made of genuine leather, but still light and soft, this bag was so perfect that I have yet to put it down since receiving it. This leather, by the way, is supple yet tough enough to withstand day to day wear, so feel free to wear it everywhere.
Deceptively large, it carries all of my essentials from my wallet to my iPhone to all 17 red lipsticks I really need. Despite its ability to carry everything, it still has a minimal, effortless look that I love that is so wearable with everything.
Speaking of “effortless”, I’m serving up 5 great tips for how to look effortlessly chic right here:
- Get yourself a great bag! Great accessories such as a fine bag elevate any look. This is why I chose the classic shape of the Marleylilly Monogrammed Bucket Bag. It’s timeless and the gold monogramming lends an extra touch of class.
- Opt for neutral tones. Clothing in neutral tones looks more expensive and typically, more classic yet fresh.
- FIT!! Make sure your clothing fits beautifully. Perfectly tailored clothing shows off the best aspects of your body while hiding parts you want to minimize. And budget pieces from fast fashion stores that are tailored well look way more expensive than they are. Befriend a great tailor. That friendship is priceless!
- Red lips add an elegant “je ne sais quoi” to put-together look. You don’t need a full face of makeup, but a little black eyeliner, some blush, and a great red lip take you from “ok” to “WHOA”. Red lips look especially great with a navy blazer, a white blouse, blue denim, cute flats
anda great bag.
- Easy, undone hair is an effortless look that transcends time. I’m thinking sexy beachy waves or a loose bun. These looks are romantic, pretty and suit everyone.
What are your best tips for achieving an effortlessly chic look? Let me know in the comments!