My great country, Canada, will be celebrating its 150th birthday this July 1st, 2017!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CANADA! We love you! #Canada150
I consider myself extremely lucky to be Canadian. My hardworking parents immigrated to Canada in the 70s from England. We were the only ones of our family to move to Canada, leaving behind their immediate families in London. My father got a great job here in Ottawa, therefore providing a better life for my mom and myself. They never looked back.
What makes Canada so great? Well, let’s see:
- The stunning geography. We have the best of everything (well, except the tropics): mountains, lakes, rivers, valleys, prairies, glaciers, you name it. We have it.
- Some of the world’s best cities: Montréal, Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary, Ottawa. Let’s not forget the smaller ones that are just as beautiful: Québec City, St. John’s, Victoria, Halifax, Niagara Falls…and all the others I’ve failed to mention here!
- FOOD: you haven’t lived until you’ve tried the 8th wonder of the world which is “poutine”. Beaver Tails, tourtière, ketchup chips, Coffee Crisp, Nanaimo Bars, and Canadian maple syrup (liquid gold).
- Free health care. Nuff said.
- One of the top standards of living in the world.
- You can yoga it up on the front lawn of Parliament Hill.
- Our Prime Minister is ridiculously good-looking.
- We’re super nice.
That’s just a drop in the bucket really, of why Canada is great. This July 1st, I’ll be celebrating Canada Day with my close friends and family, enjoying the massive festivities planned all over its capital city of Ottawa.
One of my favourite spots in Ottawa is Major’s Hill Park. A sprawling expanse of green right in the centre of the downtown core, Major’s Hill Park over looks the beautiful Ottawa River and Museum of Civilization, with stunning views of the Château Laurier, Parliament Hill and The National Art Gallery of Canada.
Dressed in my best threads courtesy of Joe Fresh, the Darling Husband and I enjoyed a sunny day at Major’s Hill Park after a nice brunch. The sun finally decided to show and the temperatures soared. It was just gorgeous. We walked around enjoying the day and taking in how beautiful Ottawa is.
Enjoy these pics from our great day walking around this beautiful park in the middle of my great hometown of Ottawa. A huge thank you to Joe Fresh for providing these beautiful looks!
Have you ever visited Canada? Where did you go? How will you be celebrating Canada 150 this year?