I was lucky enough to receive seven lipsticks for reviewing purposes from the MAC ColourRocker Limited Edition Collection ($17). I was pretty excited as the internet was going crazy over this collection featuring a rainbow of colours.
This collection is frankly a breath of fresh air from the usually safe neutral lip that we have all become used to. With a myriad of colours ranging from electric blue to mint green to lavender, ColourRocker features a rainbow palette to satisfy even the “weirdest” of beauty junkies – and I mean “weird” in the most endearing sense.
Each of the 28 lipsticks in this collection are matte and very pigmented, so what you see is what you get. Lavender is truly lavender, army green is truly army green and sky blue is perfectly sky blue.
I received the following:
- Forbidden Sunrise – a creamy matte traffic-cone coloured orange perfect for summer – loved this – particularly pretty on blondes;
- Darling Clementine – super electric/neon matte orange that is surprisingly easy to wear on my chocolate-toned skin;
- Night Mint – a pale steely grey with a hint of green that unfortunately, I could not pull off to save my life;
- Feeling Fizzy – the happiest bright, matte Barbie-pink that is definitely coming with me to Barbados;
- Secret# – a true, matte chocolate brown that was too flat and one-dimensional for my skin tone. Made me look lipless;
- Uncontrollable – a matte, orangy-peach shade with a hint of terracotta that I think would be stunning on red heads; and
- Blue Bang! – a mid-toned blue, cerulean, if you will, that is very flattering on very pale skin – think “Snow White”. I was really hoping this would be a brighter blue. I think I could rock that!
I took some swatch shots on my arm to give you a flavour of what they looked like. I would happily wear the Forbidden Sunrise, Darling Clementine and Feeling Fizzy for every day looks. Personally, I would apply these three colours with a light hand to give me a wash of colour. I’m not cool enough to pull them off when applied heavily. I guess I’m more conservative than I thought!
The other four colours sadly, I would leave for Halloween.
Complete MAC ColourRocker Limited Edition Collection
- Digging It Rich
- Darling Clementine
- Mud Wrestler Creamy
- Gritty Girl
- Flatter Me
- Instant Icon
- Blue Bang!
- Jean Genie
- Evening Buzz
- City Slick
- Night Mint
- Breathing Fire
- Carmine Rouge
- Forbidden Sunrise
- Into the Madness
- Deep With Envy Forest
- Matte Royal
- In the Spirit
- In My Fashion
- Yellow You Dare?
- Feeling Fizzy
- Mean Green Machine
- Show and Teal
The MAC ColourRocker Collection is available online and in stores for a limited time now. What is your favourite colour?