I absolutely love lipstick…it’s probably my favourite beauty product. So many colours, so many brands, so many choices!! I just love it. I find it is the easiest way to brighten up the face (other than good concealer) and it is a fantastic way to get a pop of colour…especially on dreary days, sunny days, “feeling low” kind of days…you name it.
I particularly love lipstick because of my skin tone. I feel I can get away with wearing almost any colour. The only colour that doesn’t like my medium-dark skin tone is light frosty pink! And I think if I tried hard enough, I could probably make it work! LOL!
When the lovely Ana of Ravishing Roses (check out her great blog) tagged me in her Lipstick Tag, I couldn’t resist sharing a little bit of my lipstick obsession with all of you.
1. How many lipsticks do you own?
I would estimate about 100+.
2. What was the first lipstick you ever owned?
I can’t believe I remember this: Kissing Potion. I was four-years-old and my mom gave it to me. Now, it was a roll-on lip gloss, not necessarily lipstick…but I remember being obsessed with it and feeling like a “big girl” when I wore it!
3. Which lipstick do you wear the most?
The lipstick that I turn to most frequently and have bought over and over again is MAC Touch. It is the most perfect brown-toned nude for my skin tone that I have ever found. It is a Lustre finish – creamy with a glossy sheen. It looks particularly stunning with smokey eyes. LOVE.
4. What is your favourite brand of lipstick?
I don’t really have a favourite brand. I find Guerlain’s formulations are wonderful, but the shade range is sad. I love Kiko also.
5. What is your favourite finish?
Honestly – I love them all. I love dramatic matte finishes, glossy sheens, high-gloss, sparkles, shimmer, you name it, I’ll rock it.
6. What is the last lipstick you bought?
The last lipstick I bought was Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Antigone….I think.
7. How many lip products do you currently have in your bag?
Ok. Just emptied my bag. Whoa. I have more than I expected!!
- EOS Lipbalm in Honesuckle Honeydew
- Guerlain Rouge Automatique in Jicky (#104)
- Chanel Aqualumière Lipgloss in Bubbleplum (#74)
- NYX Butter Gloss in Angel Food Cake
- Guerlain Gloss d’Enfer in Rouge Shebam (#420)
- Giorgio Armani Sheer Lipstick #30 (pinky beige colour)
- Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss in Insouciance
- Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Antigone
- MAC Lustre Lipstick in Sophisto
- MAC Lustre Lipstick in Plumful
- Kiko Ultra Glossy Lip Pencil in #603 (the most perfect glittery pink nude)
8. What lipstick do you use to rock a red lip?
I love Guerlain’s Rouge Automatique Rouge d’Enfer #121 Strawberry Red. It is the perfect red for my skin tone. It’s bright, eye-catching and kinda sexy!
9. How do you store your lipsticks?
OMG – my lipsticks are everywhere. There are a handful in every bag and clutch I own, and I have a few tupperware boxes full of them.
10. What lip products are you currently lusting over?
I desperately want YSL Volupté Tint-in-Oil in Pink About Me, Chanel’s Rouge Allure Lipstick in Jean and I want to try some of those Too Faced La Crème Color Drenched Lip Creams (longest name ever).
I nominate the following blogs to take the Lipstick Tag Challenge!
My nominees are:
Here are the rules of The Lipstick Tag:
1. Tag 3 bloggers to answer the same questions.
2. Those 3 bloggers will tag 3 more bloggers to participate by answering the same questions and tagging 3 more bloggers.
3. No tagging back (mentions are fine).
Hope you had fun reading and enjoy the fantastic blogs I nominated!
*Header pic courtesy of Stephany Ayinda (Instagram: @stephanyayinda)