A few years ago, I suffered from seriously chapped lips thanks to a harsh and seemingly endless winter. Personally, I feel that my full lips are one of my best features and I was so sad to see them go from full, smooth and soft, to completely dried out, chapped and painful!
I needed relief fast and bought just about every lip balm out there. Most didn’t work, so I went back to using my tried and true favourite, Chapstick in Classic Mint. Soothing and hydrating, it provided relief quickly and my lips bounced back to normal within a few days.
I’ve been using Chapstick ever since I was in the fifth grade – seriously. I remember bringing my cherry Chapstick to school and showing my friends. They were all in awe of it thanks to its awesome cherry flavour and the fact that it gave our lips the perfect hint of “parent approved” pink. Within days, I had started a trend, with almost every girl in my class owning one. See? I’ve been an influencer since Day 1 – ha!
When Chapstick released its Total Hydration line, I was pumped! A mix of tinted and non-tinted balms with a great colour range to lip oils and scrubs in tasty flavours, this lip-obsessed girl was anxious to get her hands on all of it. Keep reading to learn about these products that serve up great, healthy lip looks.
Chapstick® Total Hydration Moisture + Tint
The Moisture + Tint balms nourish and enhance your lips, leaving them soft and supple with the perfect amount of colour (Merlot and Rose Petal being favourites). Made with naturally sourced ingredients including Vitamins C and E, they give my lips the hydration they deserve.
Chapstick® Total Hydration Vitamin-Enriched Lip Oil
The Chapstick Total Hydration Vitamin-Enriched Lip Oil is an all-star lip product! I absolutely love this lightweight and smooth formula which gives lips a healthy, subtle shine. I love the “Peach Tea” flavour which is perfectly summery.
These lip oils (also offered in Sweet Nectar) are also formulated with Vitamins C and E, along with omegas 3, 6, and 9 which further help renew the delicate skin of lips.
I have a bright red lipstick which I love, but it does dry out my lips over the course of the day. I use a little Total Hydration Vitamin-Enriched Lip Oil over this lipstick to make my lips feel soft, smooth, and add a little shine.
Chapstick® Total Hydration Conditioning Lip Scrub
This tasty lip scrub has been a game-changer for me. Most lip scrubs are chunky and harsh, leaving my lips feeling more irritated than when I started. I also hated how messy they could be…with most of the product ending up on my bathroom floor or counter, instead of my lips.
Chapstick solved this problem by making the Total Hydration Conditioning Lip Scrub a super creamy texture with fine sugar crystals, maracuja and coconut oils, shea butter and Vitamin E. I’m in love with the Sugar Plum flavour which gently exfoliates all traces of dead skin from my lips leaving them soft and smooth. The Fresh Peppermint flavour works just as well, leaving your lips feeling invigorated with its delicate hint of peppermint.
How To Start Your Own Summer Beauty Lip Care Routine
Since I started my lip care routine, I now have much healthier Iooking lips. I hated how lipsticks amplified the look of dry, chapped lips; therefore, ruining makeup looks. With summer in full swing, I’m reaching for my favourite coral, fuchsia and red lipsticks, so I want to make sure my lips are properly prepped for these fun tones. My summer beauty lip care routine works so well for me that I want to share my tips and tricks with you. Give your lips the love and attention they deserve!
- Twice a week, usually on Sunday and Wednesday evenings, I use my Chapstick Total Hydration Conditioning Lip Scrub to rid my lips of any dry skin. I use a small amount and work into my lips in a circular motion. I then use a tissue to remove any excess product. Bonus Tip: I keep my Total Hydration Lip Scrub next to my toothbrush and toothpaste so I remember to exfoliate regularly.
- I follow up the lip scrub with a healthy amount of Chapstick Total Hydration Vitamin-Enriched Lip Oil. I apply this smooth, nutrient-rich oil to my lips and then go to bed. I wake up the following morning with the softest lips.
- Massaging my lips throughout the week with the Total Hydration Vitamin-Enriched Lip Oil has also really helped me keep my lips hydrated and improve blood circulation.
- Stay hydrated! Throughout the day, make sure you are drinking plenty of water. This will keep your lips hydrated. I take my water bottle with me wherever I go.
- Kick lip licking to the curb! Constantly licking your lips dries them out really fast. Couple that with hot, sunny weather and your poor lips will definitely chap.
- Keep your favourite lip care products on you at all times. When your lips feel dry, you can moisturize them quickly lessening the need to lick your lips.
I hope these tips help you get started with your lip care routine this summer. The Chapstick Total Hydration line offers some great products including tinted balms to boost your lip game. Wishing you all healthy, beautiful lips!
*This post is sponsored by Chapstick.