So, I’ve been blogging now for three years and it’s just occurred to me that most of you only know me as “the fashion blogger” or “the beauty blogger”. But there is sooo much more to “The Dom“!! I promise, that will be the first and last time I refer to myself in the first person. If it happens again, I’ll kick my own ass.
Well, here goes:
- I’m an undercover gearhead. My dream car is an Audi A7. The faster, the better.
- I’m afraid of deep water.
- In addition to being afraid of deep water, I don’t like my feet to touch the sea/lake/river floor. Gross!
- I didn’t know I was competitive until my husband bought a pool table.
- I’m obsessed with airplanes! They are a truly technical wonder! One of my favourite shows of all time is “Mayday” on the Discovery Network…a show based on in-depth analyses of plane crashes. #NerdAlert
- I also love cheesy tv: Supernatural, Real Housewives of Any City, Dynasty – you name it. If it kills brain cells, I’ll watch it!
- I broke my front tooth when I was 8 years old. The experience was so traumatic that I’m now fanatical about oral health.
- I am the most Sagittarian of the Sagittarians. Huge personality, humourous, if you bug me, you’ll know it, a little too blunt, a little too spendy…you know how it is.
- I listen to classical music while driving. It lessens my road rage.
- I don’t lovvvve concerts. I just want to hear my favourite song then leave. LOL.
- I’ve known my husband since the second grade. In fact, we used our second grade class picture as our wedding rehearsal invitation. He is also my best friend.
- I’m fiercely loyal. I’ll always have your back (if I like and respect you).
- I LOVE horror movies! The scarier and more disturbing, the better.
- My most embarrassing moment? Getting my braces stuck in a volleyball net in the ninth grade. I literally hung from the net by my mouth while my friends pointed and laughed. LOL – wow.
- I can watch Shawshank Redemption on a loop. Just ask my poor sisters.
- A characteristic I like least about myself? I stress-out easily.
- I speak French.
- I play the piano, violin, clarinet and flute.
- Riding my bike is my favourite exercise of all-time because it doesn’t feel like exercise. I feel free as a bird while peddling away!
- I had an extensive collection of designer bags…which was stolen during a break-in three Christmases ago. Still shedding tears over that one.
- I grind my teeth during sleep. I sleepwalk. I sleeptalk. I have disturbed sleep. LOL.
- I love giving back to the community. Community engagement and supporting local anything fills my heart.
- I love candy: Atomic Fireballs, gummy bears, Hubba Bubba, Fruit Mentos….it’s all so good.
- I took ballet lessons for most of my childhood.
- London is my favourite city in the world. It has an energy that is beyond compare.