The 73rd Annual Golden Globe Awards – the glittering event devoted to congratulating the best moments in TV and movies during 2015 took place on Sunday, January 10th. It was composed of the usual happenings: gorgeous red carpet moments, embarrassing speeches (ahem…Jonah Hill), well-deserved wins, undeserved wins and stupid gossip that doesn’t make any sense.
Instead of covering Golden Globes red carpet fashion on the blog this year, I thought I’d do something a little different and shine a spotlight on the best after party fashion…because let’s face it, it’s more fun and less polished to perfection (most times).
Here are my pics for the best after party fashion at the 2016 Golden Globes. Enjoy!
- Selena Gomez looks beautiful. Love the dress, the tousled hair and that big, cabochon emerald ring.
2. Olivia Culpo – very cool black leather dress that’s both sexy and cute. The red lips and green accents are beautiful. Her best accessory? That glowing, perfect skin.
3. Love the sweet blush colour of this classy dress on Nina Dobrev. I should really get back into TVD.
4. I know that Melissa George’s dress is a polarizing, love-it-or-hate-it choice, but I love it. I’m not sure why, but I’m feeling the swiss dots, the Victorian collar, the naughty nips and the frilliness of it. I normally do not like the sheer dress over underwear look so frequented by the likes of the Kardashian Klan, but I’m loving this on her.
5. Kourtney Kardashian gets a shout out here and deservedly so. She finally kicked Lord Disick to the curb, shed her baby weight in record time, dated Bieber and is looking all-around fabulous lately as opposed to bored and tired. This intricate silver dress is really beautiful on her.
6. Ahh…Grace Gealey. Empire’s miserable, catty and sometimes unfairly treated tv wife of music mogul Lucious Lyon looks perfect in this scarlet number. Love that neckline, the wine-coloured lips and that hair!
7. Chanel Iman shimmers in this silver colour. Check out the matching nails and fab jewelry. Her face screams: “Did you take the picture yet???”
8. I really like how Kylie looks here. She looks age-appropriate instead of – I’m sorry – typically kinda dirty looking and little skanky. The skirt portion of this outfit is beautiful and love the sheer panels. Also love the soft makeup.
9. Jennifer Lopez – no explanation needed.
10. The amazing hair, the toned arms, the coral-coloured column dress against the beautiful dark skin, the fact that Angela Bassett is 57 years old…DAMN. Gorgeous way to end this list!
What were your favourite Golden Globe looks? Any looks you hated? Do tell!
*Pics courtesy of www.stylecaster.com, Lester Cohen/WireImage