One of my
I love everything about “rocker style” from the perfectly worn leather jackets to jeans that fit like
Jon Bon Hair Salon Bon Jovi and Steve Tyler of Aerosmith.
SHOP THE LOOK
Now, I don’t kid myself. I’m
So, with RBC Bluesfest about to start on Thursday, July 4th (my fave music festival and one of the biggest in North America), I thought I’d share a few tips on how to get your best rocker chic on.
Rocker Chic Tips For Non-Rockers
- Add some rocker-style details to your look but remember – be “you” first and foremost! You don’t want to look like you are wearing a costume. Remember – only Keith Richards can look like Keith Richards.
- Rocker style can be as simple as throwing on a
favouriteband tee with some distressed jeans or denim shorts. No need to tie a bandana around your forehead or dye your hair neon green – unless you’re totally awesome! #risktaker
- Ripped black jeans with heavy boots take your look to rocker style real fast. Going to a music festival and afraid of getting your feet stomped on? Heavy black leather boots like Doc Martens or leather studded ankle boots will protect you and look
- A grunge-style dress will always look awesome. Think of all those velvet
minidresses, little skater dresses and dark floral mini-dresses that scream 90s rock chic.
- Rock star sunglasses. Metallic lenses, aviators, little round John Lennon-style frames. Nuff said.
- A signature hat! I love the one that Jack White always wears!
- A roughed up denim jacket looks
For my own rocker chic, I chose a skimpy little tank featuring Lady Gaga making out with a skeleton – lol. I found this cute tank while on
I paired the tank with my new
With RBC Bluesfest starting in a couple of days, I’m looking forward to taking in all of the great bands over the festival’s 10 days. Let me know if you’ll be there and if you see me, come say hi!
I’m excited to take in the following shows. See ya there!
- Buddy Guy
- DJ Pauly D
- Rebecca Noelle (I had the pleasure of interviewing her two years ago. Read the interview here)
- Snoop Dogg
- Sugaray Rayford
- Wu-Tang Clan
- The Sheepdogs
*Photography courtesy of Salt