It’s official. The holiday season is here and I have a ton of Christmas parties to go to. Along with stressing over what gifts to get loved ones, there is the added stress of finding outfits appropriate for these events.
Holiday parties I find, are hard to dress for. For the most part, the parties I’m attending involve not only close friends, but family members and co-workers too…so, out goes a lot of dress options like v-necks that hit your belly button, side-boob dresses and those floor-length lace numbers that designers expect normal people to wear over a bra and panties. These options won’t work for me.
So, here are my picks for holiday dresses that would suit everyone and not send your poor, old, crotchety Aunt Mildred into cardiac arrest by offending her delicate 30s era sensibilities.
- I bought this little number from Zara for my mother-in-law’s Christmas bash. Super excited to wear it! Still available online…
Lace Dress, Zara
2. I thought this dress was awesome! A gorgeous cranberry colour with really nice arm detail – stand out from the crowd!
Lavish Alice Velvet and Sequin Open Sleeve Dress, Revolve Clothing
3. This dress is gorgeous with it’s bronze-coppery floral detail against its charcoal background. Has a bit of a vintage flair – love it.
Laurey Dress, Ted Baker
4. Umm yeaahhhh…I’ll be needing this dress. Totally gorgeous! Redheads – you need this dress too!
Topshop Sleeveless Pleated Midi Dress, Nordstrom
5. How cute is this dress? Love the bright, white, silvery shine! This dress is backless too for a little sauciness!
Tabitha Dress, Dress the Population
6. HOW CUTE IS THIS!!??? NEED! Kate Spade is so great at fun, flirty, feminine dresses! Love how this is great for a Christmas/Holiday party, but you can wear it all year round. Well done!
Colorblock Bow Back Dress, Kate Spade
7. Feminine, lady-like, different, perfect.
Dress Sense Wine Dress, Style Keepers
8. Lovely little Ted Baker frock. Love the gold embroidery against the black satin bodice. The swishy skirt is beautiful too.
Shamari Dress, Ted Baker
9. Velvet is huge this season – some really nice options at Zara and Aritzia. Loving this sweet, off-the-shoulder, velvet mini courtesy of Zara.
Short Velvet Dress, Zara
Got any “go-to” stores for fabulous dresses? Please share in the comments sections!