As we are currently living in an age of “influence”, I stopped to think to myself if we will ever get back to *really* being our own cheerleaders and our own inspiration.
During a recent team building activity at work, the facilitator asked our group which celebrities we looked up to as part of a personality test. I couldn’t think of anyone myself, and that’s when a group member said that “she inspired herself.” After the chuckles died down, she told us all of a rough patch she went through in her life and how she got through it a better person. We were all inspired by her story.
When I received a bottle of Lancôme’s IDÔLE Eau de Parfum, I instantly remembered my co-worker’s story of believing in herself and inspiring others. As I took a deep breath of this glorious fragrance, I started to think about my own successes over the years, and how others could be their own idols. But first…more on Lancôme’s IDÔLE.
Let’s start with this stunner of a bottle. IDÔLE is currently the thinnest perfume bottle on the market at only 15mm thick. Its lovely rose gold tone is elegant, just like the fragrance itself. A great feature of this bottle is that it is refillable! There are 30 Hudson Bay stores across Canada for which you can have your bottle of Lancôme IDÔLE refilled at a reduced price…something I completely plan on doing because this scent is gorgeous.
Idôle is ultimately feminine, elegant and classic, with its notes of Bergamot essence, rose essence, rose water, rose absolut, jasmine, patchouli, cedar and vanilla. It’s lovely…and a fragrance that I truly enjoy wearing, especially heading into the fall season.
How To Be Your Own Idol 101
So, instead of looking to others for “life inspiration and self-worth”, its time to look inwards and celebrate your own success and inspire others. Here’s how to achieve that:
- Be your own cheerleader! If you have achieved a goal, etc. or something great has happened to you in general, relish in it!! Let your friends and family know and enjoy the good vibes!
- Believe in yourself. Give yourself a chance to succeed and take those risks. You never know what great things can happen if you don’t try.
- Quit being a pushover. Stand strong and be a go-getter. Don’t take no for an answer and don’t quit until you achieve your goal! Plan out the steps you need to take to get there, and enlist help if you need to.
- Always speak of yourself in a positive light. QUIT BEING SELF-DEPRECATING and stop putting yourself down. You’re great. Let people know that and do not give them a chance to form preconceived notions based on negative vibes you are putting out into the Universe.
- Accept those compliments from others and BELIEVE THEM.
- Take some time every single day to jot down some great things about yourself. Read them frequently.
When you start to think of yourself in a more positive light, and believing that you are worthy and frankly, amazing, you start to inspire yourself and others in deep, meaningful ways.
This isn’t about bragging or feeling better than others, but more about honouring the great person you are and living more presently. This in turn helps others steer better paths for themselves too, making the world a happier place.