Long, luscious mermaid hair has been a goal of mine for years – since turning 12, actually. I would sit in my parents’ rec room watching Fashion File as Tim Blanks sang Naomi Campbell’s praises. Watching her dominate the Versace runway, swinging her beautiful, shiny hair back and forth made me stare in awe. That little Dom wanted that so bad! My sisters and I would tie my Mom’s long, satin scarves around our heads nun-style and pretend we were her. We were dorks. What can I say?
I always wondered about trying hair extensions but worried about the cost, and frankly, the trouble of having them put in. I’ve read horror stories about painful installation processes, too-tight extensions making your edges pack up and leave, visible tracks and gluing hair to your hair…WHAT?? NO.
Personally, I like my own hair. It’s healthy, I like the length and I like being able to call it my own! But hell…if you buy hair, it’s your own too, right? Better Length Hair Extensions pushed me over that edge and I finally tried out extensions to sexy and envious Rapunzel results. And I am sooo damn happy I took the plunge.
Better Length sent me a bundle of espresso-coloured, 100% real human hair extensions (Light Yaki Clip-Ins, colour #1b Off Black) that matched my relaxed hair beautifully. Me being constantly busy, I didn’t have time to put them in on my own, so I called up my trusty Fairy Godmother of Hair, Gloria, and booked an appointment to have them clipped in.
About 20 minutes into Gloria working her magic, I had long, gorgeous locks grazing the small of my back. I literally almost passed out at the results. Flowing hair tumbled over my shoulders and down my back fulfilling my Naomi Campbell dreams. Dancing around the hair salon, I took a minute to hug Gloria and off I went, sashaying and whipping my new 20-inch long extensions back and forth. I knew these extensions would be a crowd-pleaser, so I went ahead and documented my experience on my YouTube channel for all of you.
Let me count the ways!
- Have thin hair? This is the easiest way to get full, lush volume.
- Got a bad hair cut? Clip these in and cover it up until you recover.
- Experiment with colour! Better Length has different colour options for you to try without you having to make a lasting change.
- No damage! Get longer, fuller hair without damaging sew-ins or weaves that need to be glued on.
- Easy cute looks can be achieved with your new fuller hair like big buns, high ponytails, braided looks and more.
- They are so easy to put in! Simply follow the easy installation instructions and voilà! New you. Helpful YouTube video here.
- There are a ton of extensions to choose from: coarse, kinky, straight, curly…whatever you want, they have it.
- The Better Length website has a ton of tools and FAQs to help you choose the best texture, length and colour for you, including helpful tips on how to wash and care for your extensions.
Better Length is the most fun beauty look I have tried in a long time. I love that I got the best of both worlds here: my new long, fabulous hair while keeping my natural hair healthy and protected. Have any questions about Better Length and my experience? Drop them in the comments or email me at email@example.com!
*In collaboration with Better Length Hair Extensions