I want to thank every single blogger who has nominated me for an award! I am truly flattered. Not to toot my own horn, but there are so many awards that I have been nominated for and tag posts to complete, that I’ve had a hard time keeping up. I feel the best way to share my answers with everyone is to do two or three combined posts over the next week or so to cover all of these great awards and tags!
First up, The Real Neat Blog Award! A huge thank you to fivezero for nominating me!
The award rules are:
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the seven questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the person who nominated you, linking to their blog.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog, etc.)
1. How many pillows do you sleep with?
There are seven pillows on my bed, five of which are decorative. My husband hates the ridiculous amount of fancy pillows on our bed, but I’ve caught him running and jumping into them like a little kid. ;o)
2. What was your favourite TV show as a kid?
I was obsessed with Scooby Doo, like, I’d lose my mind when it came on tv. Haha!
3. Did you have a childhood celebrity crush?
Sure did. I was in love with River Phoenix. RIP.
4. How many pairs of sunglasses do you own? Which pair is your favourite?
I am ashamed to admit how many pairs of sunglasses I own – too many. I also have too many favourites to choose from.
5. What is your favourite takeout dish?
6. Name one thing you don’t like that everyone else loves.
Game of Thrones. Don’t get it, don’t get the appeal (except for Kal Drago – yum) and I dislike fantasy-type shows and movies. No thanks.
7. What was the worst thing you did as a child (run away from home, set fire to the clothesline, etc.)?
I stole a Go-Bot (Transformer-like toy) from my friend, Sherman, when I was about 6 years old. Sigh. My mom found out, marched me to his house, made me apologize in front of his whole family and I got spanked. Not one of my finest moments. Thankfully, Sherman forgave me and we remained friends.
8. What was the most unusual thing you have ever eaten?
I’ve travelled a lot, so I’ve had the pleasure of trying out tons of food that I don’t have access to here like squid ink pasta in Southern Italy and ant eggs in Peru. Let’s not forget ostrich in Australia and breadfruit in Barbados (not that unusual – it’s like super creamy potato). Excited to try guinea pig next time I’m in Costa Rica! LOL!
I’m passing on the Real Neat Blog Award to ALL of my fellow beauty and fashion bloggers! Remember – there is no pressure to participate!
The 7 questions I’m passing on are:
- What Netflix shows do you binge watch?
- Bicycle or car?
- Who are your top three celebrity crushes?
- If you could have dinner with anyone in the world, who would it be?
- What was the last book you read?
- Name one thing you don’t like that everyone else loves.
- What was the worse thing you did as a child (run away from home, steal candy, etc)?
Thanks for reading and have a great rest of the week!
Alright! Next up is the Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award, which celebrates the unique voices of women bloggers around the world! A huge thank you to Concierge Librarian for nominating me! Be sure to check out her fun and informative blog!
Here are the rules for this award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog to your post.
- Answer the ten questions given to you.
- Pass the award onto seven other bloggers and let them know they have been nominated.
- Include the award badge in your post.
Here are my answers to the set of questions given to me by the fashionable Concierge Librarian:
1. If you could do it over again, would you select the same profession?
Hell no. If given the chance to do it all over again, I would have seized a past opportunity to move to Toronto with my husband and I would have sought a job in the fashion industry.
2. What is your ideal vacation spot?
3. What was your favourite subject in high school?
American History in Grade 12. Our teacher, Mr. Penton, was funny and cool and made learning about history fun.
4. Mascara or eyebrow pencil?
5. How long does it take for you to get ready for the day?
If I’m heading to work, about an hour. If I’m going out to an event, I can easily take the whole day. Haha! At least I can admit that!!!
6. Where are you from?
7. Lipstick or lip gloss?
8. Who is your favourite singer?
9. Netflix or hulu?
Netflix, only because I have yet to try hulu.
10. How many hours do you spend per week blogging?
It all depends on the week. Maybe about 3-5 hours?
I am Nominating:
Thank you so much for nominating me, Concierge Librarian, and thanks to all of you for reading!!
I Love Nail Polish Tag!
One of my favourite blogs, fivezero, just completed this post and as a fellow nail polish lover, I thought I would do it too! Thanks for posting, fivezero!
Ok! Here goes:
1. Favorite base coat?
I use Nailtek XTRA for Difficult and Resistant nails. It’s amazing.
2. Favorite top coat?
Pro FX Quick Dry Top Coat. It’s amazing too – provides a strong, gel-like, super shiny finish. I got all of my sisters hooked on it!
3. Top three, favorite nail polish brands?
Chanel, Deborah Lippmann and Nails Inc. Gel Effects
4. How often do you paint your nails?
About once a week…more often in the summer. Too many pretty colours to try!
5. Favorite neutral nail polish?
Chanel Ballerina, Chanel Atmosphère and OPI’s My Vampire is Buff
6. Pink or red nail polishes?
Oh – love both colours too much to choose!
7. Glitter or matte nail polish?
Glitter nail polish, by far. I don’t really like the look of matte nail polish.
8. Your go-to nail polish at the moment?
Chanel Azuré – the prettiest bluish teal. It takes on different colours depending on the light and various angles. Worth every red cent.
9. What’s on your nails now?
Chanel Azuré on my hands, and Essie’s original Lilacism. Essie changed the colour of Lilacism – it’s now a pale blue as opposed to the original pretty lavender that I loved. I bought every bottle of the original colour I could find – haha!
10. What would you name your own line of nail polishes?
Colour Domination! The first colour I’d develop would be called Supernova – an opalescent royal blue with some purple sparkles. Yes – I have already thought about this…a lot.
If you would like to do this tag as well, please consider yourself tagged!
Thank you so much for reading this monster post, and again – thanks to everyone who nominated me for an award! MUAH!!!